Top 10 Best Gifts for Boys
Gone are the days when gifts for boys were limited to action figures and bikes. These days, there is a long list of gifts that your son would appreciate, whether he’s a six-year-old or someone who’s nearing his teen years. From toys to shoes to gadgets, there are just too many potential gifts to consider for boys.
When choosing a gift for your boy, you should keep the following considerations in mind. One is the age of the recipient. Also, the toy should be safe to use by little ones. And the toy must also be fun and interesting to the boy, not useful only.
At a loss on which gift to pick up for your boy? Here is a list of 10 gifts you could give to your son, nephew, or the son of a friend. We’ve included items for a range of ages, so take your pick!
1. Echo Dot Kids Edition Smart Speaker
If your son loves music, then it is a must that you give him a speaker so that he can play his favorite tunes out loud. And why don’t you take it to another level by giving him a smart speaker?
Smart speakers aren’t only useful when playing music or watching Netflix. These are voice-activated devices that can perform plenty of functions, such as controlling other smart home devices and answering questions. And don’t worry; your son should likely be able to operate a smart speaker.
There are a good number of smart speakers available on the market today, but the Echo Dot Kids Edition should be the best for your boy. Priced at around $70, this smart speaker has lots of kid-friendly content. It filters out explicit lyrics and disables any adult-themed content, like news and question-and-answer scenarios. Plus, it can also work as an intercom and an alarm clock.
- Easy to set up and use
- Tailored toward younger kids and not teenagers
2. Corsair HS50 Gaming Headset
It’s hard to find a boy who’s not into gaming these days. If your son is the typical kid who likes to play video games, then he will appreciate a gaming headset.
There are two types of gaming headsets:
- Wired. This type has a cable that plugs into the PC or gaming console.
- Wireless. This type connects through Bluetooth or a wireless dongle that should be plugged into a USB port.
The Corsair HS50 is a good choice for boys. This wired headset sells for less than $50. It’s adjustable and comfortable with solid construction. The sound is crisp and detailed; plus, it has a noise-cancelling function that can make your son’s gaming experience more immersive.
- Good sound quality
- Can get hot after hours of continued use
3. Altair AA108 Drone
It’s very likely you have seen drones flown in the park. And it’s not surprising that many boys would love to get their hands on one.
Drones can get very expensive, though, especially models with high-end cameras. So, you may be hesitant to part with your hard-earned money for a flying toy that could crash anytime when piloted by your child.
If that’s your concern, you should look for a drone with built-in stabilization. This can make the drone steady in mid-air and enhance your young pilot’s confidence in flying it. It should also be simple to use with a single button for taking off and landing.
There are plenty of good entry-level drones for boys, like the Altair AA108. It has lots of features for novice pilots, including three flight skill levels and an Altitude Hold mode, which keeps the drone in mid-air even if the controls are released. A bonus is its 720p camera, which is a decent shooter. This drone should be safe to fly for boys aged 14 years old or above. In short, the Altair AA108 is a great choice for boys who aren’t confident yet in their drone flying skills but are eager to try it.
- Reasonably priced
- Easy to fly for most boys
- Flying time is short at 8 to 10 minutes
4. Anker PowerCore 10000 with Quick Charge Power Bank
There’s no denying that boys are often on their phones and tablets these days. That said, your child will appreciate receiving a power bank. A power bank is a portable device for charging electronic devices like smartphones and tablets. Power banks come in different sizes, capacities, and price ranges.
The ideal power bank for kids is one with a capacity of 3500mAh, enough power to top up most phones. Power banks of this capacity are also small enough to be slipped into pockets and bags.
There are lots of power bank models that you can choose from, but consider getting the Anker PowerCore 10000 with Quick Charge. It can charge his iPhone or Android phone quickly with its quick charge capabilities. With its quick charge function, it can recharge devices in less than an hour.
It has a high capacity of 10000mAh, which means it can recharge three phones or a single tablet when fully charged. It is small and lightweight at just 180 grams.
- Compact and lightweight
- High capacity
- Fast charging
- May go dead after a few years
5. Remote Control Car
Now, this is a gift that boys will love regardless of their age. Remote control cars are timeless gift items to boys.
Remote control cars typically have two components:
- The toy car, which comes in various sizes, shapes, and styles. It has the receiver, which receives signals from the controller.
- The controller, which has buttons and joysticks to make the toy car move.
There are tons of remote control cars available on the market, but you should consider getting the RASTAR Ferrari RC model car. It is a car that has the familiar Ferrari colors, butterfly doors, and working lights. This car should appeal to boys aged 6 years and above.
Your son will love its radio controller, which is shaped like a steering wheel. It has buttons that are easy to control and thus make driving the toy car enjoyable. The max speed of the car is just 10 mph, but it should be fast enough for kids. Sure, it has a limited remote control distance, but overall, this is one of the best RC cars you can get today.
- Easy to control
- Fun to play with
- The RC distance is limited
6. Little Tikes Soccer Goal Set
A kid’s soccer goal set can help your son build up his confidence in playing the sport. Soccer is the most popular sport in the world, and it helps kids develop motor skills. Giving your child a soccer goal set can help him improve his coordination so that he’ll be a lot better and more comfortable playing in the field.
The Little Tikes Easy Score Soccer Set is a good choice for a kids’ soccer goal set. It comes from a reputable brand known for its emphasis on high-quality manufacturing. This goal set is also designed to promote child safety.
The height of the net is adjustable. It is portable and quickly disassembles for storage. It comes with a small soccer ball, too.
- Easy to set up
- Fun to play with
- Easy to store
- A bit small for kids aged 8 years and above
7. Lifetime Youth Basketball Hoop
If your son admires Lebron James more than Lionel Messi, then you might as well gift him with a basketball hoop.
In choosing a basketball hoop, there are three things you should be concerned with:
- Safety. It should be made of materials that are safe for kids, such as plastic. It should also be stable so that it won’t fall or tip over while your child is playing.
- Durability. A good basketball hoop will last for several years.
- Adjustability. The basketball hoop should be height-adjustable, so your child can play with it as he grows older.
If you are unsure which basketball hoop to get, then consider giving your son the Lifetime Youth Basketball Hoop. This hoop set is ideal for kids who are at least 7 years old. It is height-adjustable from 5 to 7.5 feet. The base is to be filled with sand or water.
- Weather-resistant, can be used indoors or outdoors
- Made from plastic and steel
- Fill hole for sand/water is a bit small
8. Techno Gear Marble Mania Alpha Construction Set
It pays to expose your child to toys that develop their interest in math and science, like engineering toy sets. This kind of toy can provide your son with a fun and educational experience while potentially developing the future engineer in him.
Below are some of the benefits of playing with an engineering toy set:
- Develop his senses
- Increase interest in science and math
- Encourage socialization
You may want to check out the Learning Journey Techno Gear Marble Mania Alpha Construction Set. This tech-themed toy set is great for boys aged 8 to 15 years old. Consisting of over 300 colorful pieces, it can let your son build all sorts of structures.
- Improves motor skills
- Encourage boys to develop an interest in engineering
- Fun to play with
- May be too complicated for younger kids
- Too many pieces, which can get lost
9. VTech Kidizoom Duo Selfie Camera
Let’s admit it– kids are fast learners and can easily figure out how to shoot photos using your iPhone. Toddler boys may not be able to do that, but they are also very curious and willing to explore how to use your smartphone with a camera if given the opportunity.
But you naturally don’t want your kid to be playing with your phone, right? So, why don’t you give him a kid-friendly camera so that he can develop his photography skills? There are many child-friendly cameras that you can choose from.
In choosing a camera for boys, consider these factors:
- Price. The right camera for boys is reasonably priced. In short, it should not be too expensive.
- Fun. It should be easy to use.
- Resilience/durability. Because boys are likely to drop them.
The VTech Kidizoom Duo Selfie Camera is a good choice. This 5MP shooter has a 2.4” LCD screen and built-in photo editor, which should make it interesting to boys. They can add effects, frames, and stamps to photos and videos captured with this camera. It is chunky, too, and feels durable enough to survive multiple knocks. Plus, it comes with games!
- Reasonably priced
- Fun and easy to use
- Battery drains fast
10. RudeBoyz 17-Inch Mini Wooden Cruiser Graphic Beginner Skateboard
Skateboards are like the first car of boys. Many boys dream of getting and playing with one. Skateboards may look the same, but there are some things you should consider in choosing the right one:
- Size. For novice riders, a deck with a width of 6 to 8 inches should be enough. Width is more important than length as it affects the stability of the skateboard.
- Sturdiness. Keep special attention on the truck or the metal components that attach the wheels to the board.
- Type. There are three types of skateboards— retro, classic, and snake. A retro skateboard is the best choice for a novice rider as it is safer to use.
The RudeBoyz 17-Inch Mini Wooden Cruiser Graphic Beginner Skateboard is highly recommended to novice riders. It is of the perfect size for beginners with a length of 17 inches and a width of 6 inches. This skateboard is durable and compact enough to be carried around in a backpack.
- Ideal for the use of novice riders
- Too small for kids aged 7 years and above
There you have it– 10 of the best gift ideas that you can explore in choosing a present for your son, nephew, or any other boy. As you can see, there is no shortage of choices as far as boy gift ideas are concerned. Pick a gift for a boy taking into consideration his age and interests and make your young one a happy kid on his special day.