Best Dual Monitor Stand 2018 – Top Reviews & Buying Guide
Until the 21st century, monitors were bulky and heavy and hence, there was no concept of dual monitors or any separate stand. However, today, dual monitor stands are common all over the world.
I would not want to waste any of your precious time discussing on what a dual monitor stand means or what it can do. But, for those who readers who do not know, here is a list of advantages which could help you understand more about dual monitor stand
- A dual monitor stand can help increase the efficiency of using the space available for placing a monitor.
- Most of the programmers tend to work on two different systems (PC, Laptop, etc.), dual monitor stand enables the programmers to bring both the devices closer and the user can access both the system while he/she is sitting at the same seat.
- Dual monitor stand can be mounted to the wall or to a desk and this can help many users to access the device easily.
Now, you would have attained an idea and concept of what a dual monitor stand is used for.
Today, if you navigate to an online e-commerce website and search for a dual monitor stand, and once the results are displayed, I bet you will get confused. Yes, you will, that is how big the list will be, there are thousands of models of dual monitor stand available on the market, each from a same or different brand/manufacturer.
It is not that easy to select the best product from this list and purchase the product. If you are seriously planning to get yourself a best dual monitor stand, here is a list of factors that you should consider.
- Type of stand
- Holder type
Type of Stand – Not all stands come with the same features and specification. They can differ in different features. Dual monitor stand just means that the monitor stand is designed to be loaded with two monitors. However, they are differentiated according to the type of mount and according to the angle at which these dual monitor stands can be rotated.
Monitor Riser – Most of us are familiar with a monitor riser, this type of stands are designed to raise your monitor to a specific height according to the user’s convenience, desire, and availability of space. Yes, dual monitor stand also comes in monitor riser type.
Freestanding – This type of dual monitor stand do not need any clamping or drilling on the wall for mounting it. As the name suggests this type of stand can be freely mounted at a moment’s notice.
Articulating Mounts – This type of dual monitor stand enables the user to change the angle and position of the monitor according to the user’s convenience and desire. This type of stand is commonly mounted on the desk rather than on the walls.
Monitor Arms –This type of dual monitor stand has two arms on which two monitors can be fixed. One of the greatest advantages of this type of stand is that both the arms can be extended or swing according to the user’s desire and convenience.
These are the 4 types of dual monitor stand available on the market right now, as you have seen each type of stand is designed to serve a specific function. So, purchase the stand according to your purpose of use and features you need.
Structure – Even though, monitors today have comparatively less weight, the stand on which it is mounted should have enough structural strength to support its weight without deforming or breaking. Dual monitor stands are commonly made of steel, aluminum, and metals. However, most of the materials are not as strong as steel and aluminum stands. So, while purchasing a dual monitor stand, prefer a heavy-duty aluminum or steel made stand.
Holder type – VESA holder is the most common type of holder type used in a dual monitor stand. It is very important that you check the configuration of the holes on the monitor and then purchase the stand that will suit this monitor holes. This factor is very important and most of the people often neglect this and later regret if they do not fit.
Convenience – A dual monitor stand is very important if you are planning to purchase one if you happen to purchase an unsuitable product, the pain to deal with can seriously annoy you till you decide to get rid of the products. Therefore, it is very important that you consider all the factors mentioned above and then purchase a product with all the features and specification that you feel is required to satisfy your needs.
Considering all the factors mentioned above, here is the list of best dual monitor stand available on the market today.
Table of Contents
1. VIVO Dual LCD LED Monitor Desk Mount Stand Heavy Duty Fully Adjustable fits 2/Two Screens up to 27″ (STAND-V002)
This dual monitor stand from the brand Vivo can be used with an LCD/LED monitor of sizes between 13” and 27” and can support a weight of almost 50lbs. One of the notable things about this dual monitor stand is that it can be tilted to anything between +80 to -90 degree and a swivel capacity of 180 degrees, the product also comes with integrated cable management facility. This product also comes with a 360-degree rotation feature and height adjustment feature.
- 360-degree rotation
- 180-degree swivel
- Integrated cable management
- Few customers reviewed the product as a low-quality building material.
2. WALI Free-Standing Dual LCD Monitor Fully Adjustable Desk Mount Fits Two Screens up to 27”, 22 lbs. Weight Capacity per Arm (MF002), Black
This product from the brand WALI can be used with any monitors with a size less than 27-Inch and can support a weight almost equal to 22lbs on each arm. The plates that are incorporated on the product are detachable and the product offers height adjustment features. The product is made of heavy-duty material and can provide a stable support to your monitors. This dual monitor stand can be tilted, rotated from landscape to portrait mode and vice-versa.
- Made of durable material
- Option to tilt, rotate, and change angles
- Can support up to 22lbs weight on each arm
- The product cannot support a weight above 22lbs
The AmazonBasics dual monitor stand comes with many attractive features. The product could be clamped to a desk with a width between 0.4” to 2.4” and can be tilted and rotated to suit the user’s requirements. Each arm of this product can support a weight up to 20lbs and is VESA compatible. The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty on this product. The tilt range of this dual monitor stand ranges from 70-degree back to 5-degree forward.
- 1-year warranty
- Can be clamped to the desk
- Can support a weight up to 20lbs
- The clamping screws are of low quality.
4. Mount-It! Dual LCD Monitor Mount Stand, Articulating Arm, Fully Adjustable Freestanding Desk, Two Computer LED Flat Screens 20, 22, 23, 24, 25 and 27 Inches, VESA 75 and 100, Black
This dual monitor stand from the brand Mount-It! can be used to mount monitors of size between 13” and 27” and can support a weight up to 22lbs on each arm. The product comes with VESA compatibility, can be rotated, and tilted to suit your needs. This product comes with an excellent design, a V-base that can keep your two monitors stable on your desk.
- V-Base for higher stability and support
- Rotate, tilt, and adjust the angle
- VESA compatibility
- Few customers reviewed the product, as it does not support the weight the manufacturer claims it can. It simply means the product cannot support the 22lbs weight.
5. Dual Monitor Stand, Free Standing Height Adjustable Two Arm Monitor Mount for Two 13 to 32 inch LCD Screens with Swivel and Tilt, 17.6lbs per Arm by HUANUO
This Huanuo manufactured and marketed dual monitor stand looks attractive with a mat black shade. This stand is suitable for monitors with a size between 13 and 32-Inches. The product is VESA compatible, the arms can be swiveled, and the monitor plates can be rotated with ease. The whole product is made of durable material and is guaranteed to hold and support the monitor firmly. The manufacturer has also added cable management options to keep your desk neat and clean.
- Can be used with 13to 32-Inches screen
- Extra flat and heavy-duty base
- Rotatable monitor plates
- The product has to be assembled according to the instructions on the guide, however, few customers have reviewed the product to come with low-quality screws.
This dual monitor stand from the brand Planar is best for monitors with a size between 24-Inch and 32-Inch. One of the notable things about this product is that it can support a monitor of weight 26lbs on each arm. The product comes with cable management feature that can help you keep your space clean and neat. This product is VESA compatible and is easy to assemble and install.
- Can support a monitor of weight up to 26lbs on each arm
- Best for monitors of screen size between 24” and 32”
- Easy to install
- Few customers have reviewed the product to be not suitable for 32-Inch monitors.
Are you planning to set up two monitors at your home or office? To secure them and give them good support, consider purchasing the dual monitor stands listed above. A majority of the products listed mentioned above are customizable and durable.
So, why waste time, grab your product.