Top 10 Best Compression Socks For Nurses in 2018
A compression sock is a type of sock/stocking made of a fabric tighter than normal socks/stocking. The key purpose of a compression sock is as the name indicates providing a compression force on the leg.
Why is compression socks used? Compression socks are known to increase the blood circulation. Recent studies have indicated that compression socks have proven to reduce the risk of deep vein thrombosis. As we all know compression socks are the best companions of nurses and pregnant ladies, this is because to reduce the risk of varicose vein, selling, blood clots etc. The only 3 factors to consider while buying compression socks is
- Purpose – understand the use and why you want to wear a compression socks
- Size – find out your leg size and buy the right compression socks accordingly
- Material – always choose the right material, normally compressions socks are made of a combination of rubber, spandex, nylon, Lycra. Some people could have allergies to certain materials, understand the material and then purchase the product.
One of the most important things to consider while purchasing a compression sock is that, you should always prefer buying the right sized compression socks, if you choose to buy extra-large size it could prove to have no effect on your body and if you choose to buy smaller size than required, you put yourself in a risk of having amputated legs. So, always purchase the right sized compression socks for the best results.
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Skin infection
- Dermatitis with fragile skin
- Pulmonary edema from heart failure
People with these health conditions should avoid using compression socks.
Purchasing a compression sock today can be a challenging task; there are millions of models of compression socks available on the market today each with different property and comfort. However, here is the list of 10 best compression socks available on the market and suitable for a nurse.
Table of Contents
1. Physix Gear Compression Socks for Men & Women (20 – 30 mmhg) Best Graduated Athletic Fit for Running, Nurses, Shin Splints, Flight Travel & Maternity Pregnancy – Boost Stamina, Circulation Recovery
The Physix Gear Compression Socks for Men & Women (20 – 30mmHg) is one of the best compression socks available on the market right now from the manufacturer Physix Gear Sport.
This product offers very impressive compression at the rate of 20-30mmHg. One of the notable features of this compression socks is that manufacturer has made it with high-quality anti-bacterial fabric. It also comes with a double stitch feature and does not lose the compression feature even after a wash. The compression and support incorporated in this sock are rightly placed at the toe, heel, foot, and calves.
- Impression compression range
- Well placed compression and support feature
- Excellent built material
- Not suitable for neuropathy.
2. SB SOX Compression Socks (20-30mmHg) for Men & Women – BEST Stockings for Running, Medical, Athletic, Edema, Diabetic, Varicose Veins, Travel, Pregnancy, Shin Splints.
The SB SOX Compression Socks (20-30mmHg) is one of the best compression socks available on the market right now from the manufacturer SB SOX.
This product comes with excellent graduated compression that enhances blood circulation at the best rate. The manufacturer has designed this compression socks to provide premium comfort and enhanced relief without causing any negative health conditions. This model socks are available in 4 different sizes and provides excellent ventilation for high air flow.
- Breathable fabric
- Graduated compression
- Excellent heel and toe support
- Some customers feel that the sock is too long
Check This Review Also:
The Vitalsox Italy-Patented Graduated compression socks VT1211 is one of the best compression sock available on the market right now from the manufacturer Vitalsox.
This product is made of Nylon, Silver Drystat, Spandex, and Lycra. The manufacturer has designed this compression socks in such a way that it has a combination of drying polypropylene and silver that has enhanced resistance to bacteria and fungus. The graduated compression method used in this sock enhances blood circulation which in turn rebuilt the damaged tissues.
- Graduated compression
- Silver and polypropylene material for anti-bacterial properties
- Best quality building material
- Some customers choose the wrong size and had negative health conditions, so always purchase the right size only.
4. Blitzu Compression Socks 20-30mmHg for Men & Women BEST Recovery Performance Stockings for Running, Medical, Athletic, Edema, Diabetic, Varicose Veins, Travel, Pregnancy, Relief Shin Splints, Nursing
The Blitzu Compression socks 20-30mmHg from the manufacturer Blitzu is one of the best available compression sock on the market today.
This product comes with a combination of graduated compression and Blitzu Kinesiology taping design. This feature enables the product to enhance the blood flood and which in turn can provide better repair of tissues, avoid swelling, cramps etc. The manufacturer has provided a superior quality circular knit that provides 360o stretch.
- Excellent graduated compression feature
- Best built quality
- Kinesiology taping design for improved relief from varicose vein
- Some customers reviewed the product as size not standard.
5. Compression Socks (1 pair) for Women & Men by A-Swift – Best For Running, Athletic Sports, Cross fit, Flight Travel – Suits Nurses, Maternity Pregnancy – Below Knee High
This compression sock is one of the best product available on the market right now.
This product has excellent features that reduce lactic acid build-up in legs. The manufacturer has used material that has impressive anti-bacterial properties and high air flow through them. One of the most notable features of this compression sock is that it can be worn for prolonged hours without any irritation or negative health conditions.
- Anti-bacterial feature
- Attractive design
- High airflow
- Some customers reviewed the product as compression socks colour and exterior design received does not match the description provided by the manufacturer.
6. Go2 Compression Socks for Women and Men Athletic Running Socks for Nurses Medical Graduated Nursing Compression Socks for Travel Running Sports Socks
The Go2 Compression socks for women and men from the manufacturer Go2 COMPRESSION SOCKS is one of the best compression socks available on the market right now.
This product comes in various external design and colors and can be a good companion for people who love to wear attractive socks. The manufacturer has provided an impressive underfoot cushion that enhances comfort. The manufacturer has also succeeded in making the whole sock comfortable and the user does not even feel the compression.
- Extra cushion underfoot
- Available in various colors and external designs
- Firm compression but, comfortable to wear
- The product has comparatively more compression, if you choose the wrong size, the socks would make you feel uncomfortable.
The Sockwell Women’s Chevron Graduated Compression socks are one of the best compression socks available on the market right now.
This product comes with an optimal compression range of 15-20 mmHg. The manufacturer has carefully designed this product with impressive cushions under the feet and also has made the socks with a lightweight and breathable material. One of the notable features of this socks is the anti-static feature that keeps away the odor and microorganism.
- Extra pad and cushion under feet
- Breathable material built
- Anti-static feature to keep away bad odor and microorganisms
- Some customers reviewed the product as difficult to put on
The SB SOX Lite (15-20 mmHg) from the manufacturer SB SOX is one of the best compression socks available on the market right now.
This product provides ideal compression that can help reduce the formation of lactic acids, in turn, avoid swelling, cramps etc. The SB SOX Lite comes is available in two different sizes only, however, with only optimum compression force the size does not actually matter. The manufacturer has designed this product in such a way that it stays firm on the skin and allows great air flow that reduces the moisture and odor.
- Superior built quality
- Breathable fabric
- Ideal compression range
- Some customers reviewed the product as allergic with their skin
9. Wanderlust Air Travel Compression Socks – Premium Graduated Support Stockings For Men & Women – Prevents Swelling, Pain, Edema, & DVT! Great for Nurses, Airplane Flight, Running, Maternity, & More!
The Wanderlust Air Travel from the manufacturer Wanderlust is one of the best compression socks available on the market right now.
This product is made of cotton, polyester, nylon, and lycra. The manufacturer has designed this compression socks in such a way the whole socks has a different range of compression at different regions, 20-30 mmHg at foot and ankle, 15-20 mmHg at the calf, 10-15 mmHg under the knees. This unique feature provides better healing, high blood circulation, and avoids swelling of legs.
- Different compression at different regions
- High-quality building material
- 360o elastic for better fitting
- Available in only 2 sizes. Some customers review the product as does not fit their legs.
10. Fun Compression Socks for Women & Men + Crazy Funky Patterns – Graduated Compression (20-30 mmHg) for Circulation, Pain Relief, Stamina – Runners Support Socks for Nurses & Athletes – CompressionZ
The Fun Compression socks from the manufacturer CompressionZ is one of the best compression socks available on the market right now.
This product comes with crazy funny patterns and attractive exterior color and design. This product was built to be a medical-grade product that proves to be very useful to prevent swelling and cramps. The product comes with infused silver that enhances its resistance to bacteria and fungus. The firm design of the product does not restrict the leg movement
- Silver fabric infused
- Available in different color shades
- Medical-grade product
- Some customers reviewed the product as not standard size.
All the above-mentioned data’s were collected from various websites and the ranking was done only on the basis of customer reviews and product description. Hope this article helped you